Tool change during a job: How are you doing it?

Répondre
André

Tool change during a job: How are you doing it?

Message par André »

Hi Guys!
I’m wondering how you people are dealing with tool changes.
If anyone can provide me with detailed information I would be grateful.
André Mesquita
Aze

Re: Tool change during a job: How are you doing it?

Message par Aze »

Hi,
check my vidéo (the last part), it can help you (it's not the only solution, but it's my way to do it), you can add english subtitles:
André

Message par André »

Hi Aze,
Thanks for the fast reply!
Are you using different g-codes to each tool?
You are using Repetier firmware instead Marlin firmware. Why?
Is it possible Make a change tool using a unique g-code, pause the Machine and restart from that point?
André Mesquita
Aze

Message par Aze »

Are you using different g-codes to each tool?
-yes, because the gcode to make a pause M0 doesn't work with Repetier Firmware only with Marlin: https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code/fr

You are using Repetier firmware instead Marlin firmware. Why?
-because Marlin simply doesn't work for a CNC: a CNC is a lot faster than a 3D printer and the Arduino Mega can not send all the pulses for the motor drivers. Even with 1/8 microstepping, Marlin skips a lot of pulses. Repetier firmware doesn't do that, so your final work is impressive. Romaker use Repetier Firmware too now, and all the french people do, because Marlin just doesn't work in our case.
You can try my configuration.h here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5431&p=10373&hilit ... n.h#p10373
then use it with this link:
https://www.repetier.com/firmware/v100/index.php
you'll have to change your LCD screen (I don't use the Full Graphic like Romaker) + change your steps/mm (use the same than in your Marlin) + change your acceleration in X and Y, because 50 is way too small, I recently tried 400 and it's working perfectly.

Is it possible Make a change tool using a unique g-code, pause the Machine and restart from that point?
-I didn't find a better solution than 2 different gcodes. It works, so I didn't search further. If you have the same electronic than Romaker, I explain in the video why it's not a problem to have 2 different gcodes, you won't lose your position because X and Y stay 'enable'.
André

Re: Tool change during a job: How are you doing it?aq

Message par André »

Thanks for the explanations.
I 'll try Repetier Firmware. Which microstepping are you using?1/16?
Aze

Message par Aze »

X and Y : 1/8 it's enough and better for the arduino
Z : 1/16 but I'm printing X top Dolly for nema 23 (from thingiverse) because I miss some steps actually. I'm using TR8 with antibacklash nut (big difference, but the driver is too warm after 1h and makes thermal protection)
Répondre